Now available – complete access to the archive for this journal click here for more information
To request an institutional FREE TRIAL please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tropical Diseases Bulletin has been providing the latest information on infectious diseases and public health from epidemiology to diagnosis, therapy to disease prevention for over 100 years
Tropical Diseases Bulletin is the leading bibliographic and abstracts database for research on infectious diseases and public health in developing countries and the tropics.
CAB Direct (CABI’s own platform)
– epidemiology of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, mental health, obesity
– prevention and management in low resource settings
– risk factors including effects of diet or lifestyle
– epidemiological studies of environmentally-caused disease in the general population
– health consequences of environmental accidents or natural disasters
– health effects of environmental factors
– studies documenting exposure of the general population
– health care including costs
– health policy
– health promotion inc mHealth
– health service provision, training and access
Infectious diseases and parasitoses
– viral and prion diseases
– bacterial diseases including mycobacteria
– fungal diseases
– parasitoses including malaria, leishmaniases, schistosomiasis and filariasis
Aspects included are: nosocomial infections, opportunistic infections, food-, water- and vector-borne diseases, zoonoses, emerging infectious diseases, classic tropical diseases, and vaccination programs.
Patient-related aspects emphasised are: diagnosis, disease course, pathology, pathogenesis, drug and non-drug therapy, epidemiology and disease transmission including transmission by vectors or risk behaviours, prevention programmes & public health campaigns , infection control, immunization, screening, case finding and clinical microbiology.
– feeding programmes
– interaction between nutrition and other diseases
– malnutrition and deficiency diseases
Public and community health
– general demography, rates of birth, death, fertility
– global burden of disease including DALYS
– health of indigenous or marginalised populations
– health of children under 5 years
– health promotion and disease prevention. Risk behaviours
– health systems
Public health and medical zoology/entomology
– disease vectors in relation to disease transmission
– diseases caused by arthropods, including their bites and stings
– plant and animal toxins
– public health in relation to nuisance pests
– snake bites, including clinical studies and biochemistry of venoms
– accidents and injury rates and reduction
– disease prevention & screening
– health and safety including exposure monitoring
– occupational diseases
– family planning
– maternal and infant mortality
– maternal and infant health and antenatal care
– sexual health and sexually transmitted infections
– indigenous knowledge
– medicinal plants
– traditional health care and health care workers
– health of travellers
– imported infections and illness during travel
– refugee and immigrant health in developed and developing countries
– travel advice & disease prevention in travellers
Training materials for CABI products, on a variety of platforms, are available to download from our dedicated training pages, here.
If you require personal training on any of our products, please contact us directly at email@example.com, for more information.
A variety of promotional materials are available to download from our For Librarians area.
If you require specific promotional materials for this CABI product, please contact our publishing promotions team.