You are here:
DescriptionEmotional intelligence is the capability to recognize, use and manage one's own emotions and those of others. The use of emotional information guides thinking and behaviour, allowing adjustment of emotions to adapt to environments. As tourism and hospitality services are produced and consumed simultaneously, with a high level of contact between employees and customers, the development of emotional intelligence of employees in tourism and hospitality establishments is vital.
This book has a skills-based approach and explains how emotional intelligence can be developed in tourism and hospitality students and employees. Key features:
A foreword by Gill Hasson
The first tourism and hospitality book to describe emotional intelligence
Covers all major literature, concepts, theories and research findings from the perspective of emotional intelligence.
Includes exercises, end of chapter questions, practical examples, student aids and Powerpoint slides for each chapter that can be used in class by academicians and practitioners in their training sessions.
The book is intended for use by tourism and hospitality students, researchers and practitioners.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Emotional Intelligence in Tourism and Hospitality
- Chapter 2: Emotions and Developing Emotional Intelligence in Tourism and Hospitality Businesses
- Chapter 3: Measuring Emotional Intelligence in Tourism and Hospitality
- Chapter 4: Emotional Intelligence and Service Encounters
- Chapter 5: Development of Personal Expertise in Tourism and Hospitality Professions: Cognitive Knowledge, Personality and Learning Style
- Chapter 6: Emotional Intelligence and its Relationship with Personality, Gender, Age and Culture in Tourism and Hospitality
- Chapter 7: Developing Intercultural Sensitivity as an Emotional Ability
- Chapter 8: Service Quality and Emotional Intelligence
- Chapter 9: Service Failures, Recovery and Emotional Intelligence
- Chapter 10: Mystery of Spiritual Intelligence: Predictions, Prophecies and Possibilities
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
Creating Experience Value in Tourism
Edited by: Nina K Prebensen, Joseph S Chen, Muzaffer Uysal
£87.15 | €112.75 | $143.50
Tourism Management in Warm-water Island Destinations
Edited by: Michelle McLeod, Robertico Croes
£46.15 | €51.25 | $61.50
Edited by: Ahmad Jamal, Kevin Griffin, Razaq Raj
£46.15 | €51.25 | $61.50
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|