You are here:
A Global Perspective
By: Roger Webber, formerly London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
November 2019 | Paperback | 392 Pages | 9781786395245
November 2019 | ePDF 9781789243024 | ePub 9781789243031
£40.99 | €51.25 | $56.40
£40.99 | €51.25 | $56.40
DescriptionCompletely updated and revised, and now published in its sixth edition, this best-selling text has provided an essential overview of the subject for almost 25 years. A comprehensive yet synoptic account of communicable diseases, it covers theory, epidemiology and control, then systematically groups diseases by their main means of transmission. There are special chapters on infections in pregnancy and the concern of new and emerging diseases, and an annex lists all 353 diseases in an easy reference table.
This edition includes updates to all chapters and a new section on melioidosis. It:
- Provides information concisely so it can be found at a glance.
- Includes numerous clear diagrams, bullet points and tables for rapid review and learning.
- Contains a new full-colour internal design and online lecture slides to facilitate teaching.
Communicable Diseases continues to provide an essential resource for doctors, medical students and all those in public health, and for healthcare workers needing a comprehensive yet concise practical text.
Table of contents
- 1: Elements of Communicable Diseases
- 2: Communicable Disease Theory
- 3: Control Principles and Methods
- 4: Control Strategy and Organization
- 5: Notification and Health Regulations
- 6: Classification of Communicable Diseases
- 7: Diseases of Poor Hygiene
- 8: Faecal–Oral Diseases
- 9: Food-borne Diseases
- 10: Diseases of Soil Contact
- 11: Diseases of Water Contact
- 12: Skin Infections
- 13: Respiratory Diseases and Other Airborne-transmitted Infections
- 14: Diseases Transmitted via Body Fluids
- 15: Insect-borne Diseases
- 16: Ectoparasite Zoonoses
- 17: Domestic and Synanthropic Zoonoses
- 18: Pregnancy and Infection
- 19: New and Emerging Diseases
- 20: List of Communicable Diseases
ReadershipStudents of infectious diseases, public health, and health promotion
Have you read this book, or used it for one of your courses? We would love to hear your feedback. Email our reviews team to submit a review.
Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
Edited by: Chloe Sellwood, Andy Wapling
£40.99 | €56.40 | $66.65
Global Health Research in an Unequal World
By: Gemma Aellah, Tracey Chantler, P. Wenzel Geissler
£25.65 | €35.90 | $35.90
Edited by: Rajesh Arora, Preeti Arora
£136.15 | €180.50 | $259.75
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|